Monday, May 4, 2009

Where should I focus my advertising online? I am looking to attract the attention of Senior Citizens!?

I have certain products that I would like to advertise to seniors, such as wheelchairs, incontinence products, walkers, etc... I'm looking to find the best places on the web to spend my advertising $$$.

Where should I focus my advertising online? I am looking to attract the attention of Senior Citizens!?
That demographic doesn't really use the internet to search for those things, but their kids do, and they are likely to be the ones actually doing the research for purchasing their parents wheel chairs and walkers, etc.





I think the best answer is to experiment with Google, Yahoo and MSN PPC and see which actually produces results. Online advertising is all about experimentation, measurement and trial and error.





All that being said, many seniors often use MSN for searching, just because when they bought the computer thats what the search engine the computer was set to when they first turned it on. MSN is also pretty cheap on costs per click compared to the other search engines.





Comically, I know some seniors who use MSN to search for Google.com just because they don't know how to change the default search setting on their computer.





PPC advetising is often very effective for seniors, because many don't know the difference between the natural results and the paid ones.





Wherever you spend your money, make sure to track your online sales conversions and base your success on conversions and not clicks.


No comments:

Post a Comment