Monday, April 12, 2010

I get an advertising page when I click on the result of a Yahoo search, how do I stop this happening?

A virus is convertig the URL of the search result into that of an advertising operation, how do I get rid of the offending virus/bug/software?

I get an advertising page when I click on the result of a Yahoo search, how do I stop this happening?
First of all do you have an anti-virus program installed? If not do this virus scan to see whether you actually have a virus:





http://www.trendmicro.com/hc_intro/defau...





Then if you do that site will give steps on removing the virus. Let me know what the scan results are, I can help in finding a specific tool to remove the virus.





Also if you don't already have an anti-virus program you can try:





http://free.grisoft.com/doc/2/lng/us/tpl...





and download the free version, it is a very good for a free anti-virus.
Reply:Run your virus scan while in Safe Mode. If that doesn't do it go to your virus programs web site and they should have a method to remove the virus.





Ron


No comments:

Post a Comment