Saturday, November 14, 2009

Math in Advertising and Public Relations?

Hi everybody, I have a quick question.





Do I need to know Advanced Math, if I apply for Advertising and Public Relations program?





Thank you for paying attention, I am looking forward to your thoughts!

Math in Advertising and Public Relations?
The more math the better, I think. I don't think you need to take advanced calculus. Look for advanced math classes that are geared towards business. Statistics is a good one to have. And you may want to consider an intro to accounting class. I realize you aren't going to be an accountant, but it's always good to have an understanding of how accounting works. You will also need to know how to create and work within a budget.





Good Luck, and remember, math is your friend :)
Reply:I agree with K8 but also use common sense when it comes to numbers.





We had a sales guy who was touting the success of the sales dept. On paper sales increased over last year by 3%. He'd forgotten there was a 5% price increase over last year. So the reality is volume fell by approximately 2%.


No comments:

Post a Comment