Saturday, November 14, 2009

Who are the top remnant advertising brokers for radio, print and TV?

I am looking to buy remnant advertising and want to know who the top brokers are for radio, print and TV. Remnant advertising is the term used for ad space that didn't sell before a print run or show and is sold for a significant discount to list price.

Who are the top remnant advertising brokers for radio, print and TV?
I've been in media (planning side) for 10 years and I've never thought much of remnant advertising or brokers of that nature. Now, having said that, I've also never really had the need to buy remnant space. I don't know your particular situation but, as a media professional, I find the idea of remnant space ridiculous unless you're target audience is unemployed and available to watch/hear your TV/radio spot at 3:47 AM when your remnant spot is most likely going to run. Secondly, there really is no such thing as remnant space when it comes to print. Unlike broadcast media there is no pre-determined pod that needs to be filled. Print media layouts simply adjust pagination around ad space so don't buy into the idea of remnant space. If you're looking to do some spot market magazine advertising, MNI (media networks, inc.) is a great choice. I've used this very affordable print solution for several national clients.





Hope this helps. If you can give me some more detail on your industry and target audience I'd be happy to offer my thoughts.
Reply:I can answer this for radio. Premiere Radio Network, ABC radio, and the Jones Radio Network does that. I work at a radio station and those are the companies we get those kinds of spots from, however those deals are usually given to "major" advertisers who deal with serious bulk. Many radio stations are equipped make the kind of deal you're looking for directly with the specific client, but you will have to ask for it. The degree of the discount and how many spots you can buy will generally be based on how much you spend in full price ads, but as with any business everything is negotiable. Good luck!

teeth problems

No comments:

Post a Comment